Bone joints react very sensitively to intoxication of the organism. Any infection or illness, nervousness and other factors can cause pain. Uncomfortable sensations, by themselves, do not yet indicate the presence of any diseases in the body. It happens that pain occurs as a result of injury or overload, while ailments manifest themselves in the form of sharp pain sensations. What to do when joints hurt, what are the reasons why the body aches?
What is joint pain
In medical terms, pain in the joints is called arthralgia. It develops when the nerve endings in the synovial bag are affected. Constant pain is the first indicator of bone disease. This worsens the quality of life, the emotional background. Self-medication can lead to the transition of the disease into a chronic form, to even greater damage. The main symptom of arthralgia is periodic outbreaks of aching pain.
How joints hurt
Pain in itself is not a disease, it is just a symptom of other ailments - both infectious and non-infectious. The perception of how sore joints feel depends on the state of the nervous system. A balanced body practically does not react to slight discomfort, and an emotionally unstable one has a low pain threshold. Pain in strength and duration can be characterized as follows:
- tolerant - intolerant;
- weak - strong;
- sharp - chronic;
- frequent - rare;
- fast-passing - long-lasting.
If joints ache for more than a month, it is considered a chronic form. With the right treatment, it goes away for a while (remission stage), but then reappears (exacerbation stage). The joints can be provoked by a sharp drop in ambient temperature, physical overload of the body, improper diet, excess weight, and frequent stressful situations.
Why do they hurt
The causes of joint pain can be hidden in ongoing pathological processes (stretching, inflammation, metabolic disorders). This is typical for diseases such as synovitis, arthritis, gout, osteoarthritis, and so on. A variety of factors can provoke discomfort, by which you can determine the risk group:
- age over 50;
- genetic predisposition;
- congenital defects;
- chronic diseases;
- gender (women are affected more often);
- periods when a person becomes overweight.
Why does the joints ache in the limbs, where there are connective tissues? This can be due to impaired blood circulation in the synovium. Pain and stiffness of movement can also occur with an unbalanced diet. The diet should be rich in essential vitamins and minerals (calcium, phosphorus, boron). An inactive lifestyle is another reason why all joints hurt at the same time, from which a person suffers.
Why does the whole body and joints hurt
Pain in most joints of the body can have different origins. The most common reason is increased physical activity, after which there is pleasant fatigue (ankle joint - legs hurt when walking, shoulders). It can also happen in connection with:
- infections that are accompanied by fever (infectious arthritis, a virus that affects the hip joint);
- intestinal inflammation;
- disorders of the hematopoietic system;
- autoimmune inflammatory processes;
- exacerbation of arthritis or osteoarthritis;
All joints and spine hurt
The main cause of this phenomenon is considered to be a malfunction in the metabolism of cartilage. This is accompanied by a loss of smoothness, they become rough, lose synovial joint fluid, and cracks form. The deformation process can be caused by the following reasons:
- sedentary lifestyle;
- professional sports;
- advanced infections, inflammatory diseases;
- abrupt jumps in body weight.
Knees and elbows
These body parts are made up of a junction of several bones (joint) that is covered with cartilage tissue. A characteristic lesion can be present both on one side and simultaneously on two. Knees and elbows have little muscle and fat and are palpable. It is easy for an experienced doctor to recognize the cause of the disease (arthrosis of the knee joint, acute arthritis of the shoulder joints, rheumatoid arthritis, and so on). It could be:
- chronic inflammation of the synovial canals;
- changes due to cartilage wear, deformity of the joints;
- systemic disease;
In order for the rheumatologist to make the correct diagnosis and prescribe the appropriate treatment, an analysis of the painful symptoms that bother you is carried out, diagnostics using all the necessary instrumental techniques. The nature of the pathology and its location are determined using:
- ultrasound examination;
- studies of synovial fluid.
Methods and ways of treating joints are different for each individual case. They are divided into therapeutic (including surgery, massage, physiotherapy, exercise) and alternative (non-traditional methods of traditional medicine). What method of treatment to use for joint pain, the doctor decides after a complete examination of the patient, taking into account his individual characteristics, the level of restriction of mobility.
This method is aimed at reducing inflammatory processes in the articular tissues and the articular membrane. Medicines do not remove the problem, but only relieve pain in the damaged joint cavity. To do this, use non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs NSAIDs (ointments, tablets, injections).
Before using folk methods, you should definitely consult a doctor. The following methods are popular and effective:
- Bay leaf. To prepare a remedy, 30 leaves are required, pour 0. 5 liters of boiling water, boil for 5 minutes. Insist the resulting broth for 3 hours and start drinking for 12 hours. Repeat the procedure for 3 days, then take a break for 7 days. The course should be repeated no more than 2 times a year.
- Gelatin. A compress must be made from this substance: a napkin is immersed in hot water, squeezed, soaked in gelatin, folded in layers, and applied to the skin overnight, after wrapping it with cling film. It is helpful to take gelatin internally.
- Rice. Boiled rice washes away the salts, which can be identified by the characteristic crunch. First, it must be soaked in water - the longer, the better, periodically draining it. The dish is consumed on an empty stomach, without salt, for 40 days.